When it comes to local SEO, there’s one factor you might be overlooking: local directories. Just like the Yellow Pages once did for print, local directories make it easy for people to find businesses in their area. However, unlike the Yellow Pages, these listings are available online 24/7 and can boost your SEO strategy by improving your online visibility and building links back to your website. In this post, we’ll explain what makes a directory “local” and how they can work as an important part of your reputation management strategy.
Local directories are websites that aggregate business information.
- Local directories are websites that help bundle business information. They’re a great way to get your business listed on multiple websites, which can be helpful in terms of getting more visibility online and getting more traffic to your website.
- Businesses use local directories for many reasons:
- Get more customers – Customers will find you! You may be surprised by how many people do this every day looking for a service or products like yours. If you want to increase sales and expand your customer base, then using local directories is one of the first things you should do as soon as possible.
- Increase brand awareness – When someone searches for something on Google (or any other search engine), they are presented with results from all over the world regardless of where they live or work at present moment in time; therefore it will take them a while before finding what exactly it is looking for unless there’s a chance it brings them across something relevant right away such as when searching “used cars near me” where nearby options pop up right away instead of waiting until further down into results pages where those queries might appear after only being shown results related specifically within certain geographic areas first like cities only rather than states let alone countries so having yourself listed properly under these conditions could make all difference between being found versus not being found at all even though others attempt querying similar searches.
Local directories give you more places to be found online.
Local directories are a great way to get your business listed on the internet and make it easier for people to find you online. In fact, you can be found in several local directories at once!
For example, if you’re a plumber who lives in New York City, you might want your business listed on both Yelp and Google My Business (GMB). Both of these platforms will allow potential customers to contact you directly through their platform or website. Plus, when someone searches for “plumbers” or “emergency plumbing” on either site—yours will show up as one of the first results!
They make it easy for customers to find your business.
When it comes to being found online, local directories are among the most important sources for your customers. They’re easy to find and use, so you don’t have to worry about whether or not people will be able to find your business.
They’re also easy to navigate. Most local directories have a simple design that allows users to easily find what they need without having to sift through extraneous content on their websites (which can actually make it more difficult).
They’re also easy-to-use search engines that let customers search by location and other criteria such as type of business (e.g., restaurants), services offered (e.g., plumbers), price range ($$ – $$$), etc.. This makes it much easier for consumers looking for specific types of businesses in their area—such as plumbers who offer 24/7 emergency service—to find exactly what they need quickly and efficiently without having their hopes dashed by an overwhelming number of irrelevant results from general searches with less specific parameters like “plumbers.”
They encourage users to leave reviews, ratings, and feedback about your business.
You know how when you go to a restaurant or a store, they ask you to rate your experience? That’s because it’s important for businesses to know what their customers think of them. Your ratings and feedback will help other people decide whether or not they want to do business with you.
Local directories allow customers to leave reviews, ratings and feedback about your business. These directories are powerful tools because they:
- Encourage users to leave reviews, ratings and feedback about your business by giving them the opportunity to do so through their mobile phone.
- Allow users who have never done business with you before access relevant information about your company all in one place (like contact information).
They help you earn extra links to your website.
Local directories are a great way to get links to your website. Links from local directories are considered more trustworthy than links from other sources, and they’re more likely to pass SEO juice. This means that you’ll be able to get a higher ranking on search engines for keywords that relate to your business or service.
Local directories also require very little work on your part—all you have to do is fill out information about yourself or your business, which can help boost your credibility in front of potential customers!
Being listed on local directories is essential for your online strategy.
Local directories are a great way to promote your business online. The right local directory will not only help you attract customers, but it can also drive traffic to your website and boost your online visibility.
The first step to getting listed on local directories is choosing the right ones and then submitting a request to be added as a business listing. There are many different types of local directories that serve different purposes, so it’s important to choose one that fits with the type of services you offer or products you sell. Some examples include:
- Consumer-driven platforms like Yelp
- Business-to-business sites like Yellow Pages Online
- Industry-specific sites for professionals such as LinkedIn
Local directories are a great way to get your business listed in more local search results pages. They help you get found by your target audience and give them an easy way to contact you. These sites also provide a valuable place for customers to leave reviews and feedback that can improve their experience with your business.